The Arts in Ely, MN
The Ely art scene is bursting with talent. Artists in a variety of media make Ely an exciting place to be year ‘round for exhibits and shows. The performing arts and music provide a strong base for entertainment while writers of regional and national stature provide insight into the special qualities – in nature and humans – of the area.
Take part in the arts scene when you visit Ely and you’ll be delighted with the variety and talent available.
- Donald G. Gardner Humanities Trust (218) 365-2639 – Provides funds for Ely arts/artists.
- Ely Arts & Heritage Center (218-235-1721) - Locale for art classes, exhibits and events.
- Ely ArtWalk – Storefront art show in February during Winter Festival
- Ely Chamber of Commerce Blueberry Arts and Harvest Moon Festivals (218) 365-6123
- Ely City Band (218) 365-5070 – Provides summer concerts
- Ely Community Choir (218) 365-7250 – Provides winter concerts
- Ely Community Education (218) 365-6166 Ext 224 – Special classes in the arts
- Ely Community Resources Art Auction – Yearly fundraiser in April
- Ely Concert Association – 4-12 concerts with high level performances on the Iron Range
- Ely Greenstone Public Art (218) 365-5917 – Provides classes, art exhibits and special events
- Ely Public Library – Variety of services to the public including computer access
- Ely Public Schools (218) 365-6166 – K-12 teaching skills for life
- Ely Winter Festival (218) 365-SNOW – Snow Carving Symposium, art exhibits and more
- Ely’s Little Players – After school youth theater
- Ely/Winton Historical Society (218) 365-3226 – Displays of Native American materials
- Northern Lakes Art Association (218) 365-5070 – Offers complete arts programming
- Vermilion Community College (218) 235-2100 – Two year basic and environmental programs
- Vermilion Community College Library (218) 235-2158 – Provides access to services
- Vermilion Community College Continuing Education Classes (218) 235-2163
- Ely Public School’s Washington Auditorium (900 seats) – Renovated Art Deco
- Vermilion Community College Fine Arts theater (185 seats)
- Ely Arts & Heritage Center, located in Pioneer Mine Complex (300 seats)