Northwoods Medallion Hunt
The Wooden Nickel Drawing Winners
Vicki Nelson - $25 Chamber Bucks
Ernie Horvat - $50 Chamber Bucks
Theresa Thompson - $75 Chamber Bucks
Team Laine - $100 Chamber Bucks
Thank you to everyone and the businesses who participated in this fun event!
THE MEDALLION HAS BEEN FOUND
Congratulations to the Hacker family who located the medallion on February 13, 2019. The medallion was hidden at the Dorothy Molter Museum along one of the paddle fences. The Hacker's will keep the 3 inch acrylic medallion and also win the $250.00 Chamber Bucks prize. congratulations! Thank you to everyone who participated in this year's medallion hunt.
The wooden nickel promotion is still ineffect through Sunday, February 17, 2019. Visit participating businesses and collect one nickel per business per day. For each 10 nickels collected, you receive a chance to register for one of four Chamber Bucks prizes. Redeem wooden nickels at the Ely Chamber of Commerce through Monday, February 18, 2019 at 5 pm. The Chamber office will be open on both Saturday and Sunday (Feb 16 & 17) to redemm nickels from 10 am to 4 pm.
The third annual Ely Northwoods Medallion Hunt will run from Thursday, February 7 to Sunday, February 17, 2019 as part of the Ely Winter Festival activities. This is an annual event with a different Northwoods theme each year.
There will be a total of ten clues released each day starting February 7 to lead hunters to the medallion. Tune into WELY at 9:30 a.m. each day for the Early Bird release of the clue! If you miss the WELY broadcast, the clues will also be released each day at 10:00 a.m. They will be posted at the Chamber of Commerce building at 1600 E. Sheridan St., on our website page (www.ely.org/medallionhunt), on the Ely Chamber of Commerce Facebook page and at participating Ely merchants.
The first one to find the medallion will win $250 in Chamber bucks!! But there are more chances to win!
Commemorative Wooden Nickels Drawings
Each participating Ely merchant will also have Northwoods Medallion Hunt commemorative wooden nickels. For every ten wooden nickels turned in at the Chamber of Commerce, you will receive an entry form for a drawing for four prizes: first place - $100 Chamber Bucks, second place - $75 Chamber Bucks, third place - $50 Chamber Bucks and fourth place - $25 Chamber Bucks.
No purchase necessary. Visit participating merchants often to collect a coin – one coin per person at each store per day. There is no limit to the amount of days you visit each store, so you can collect wooden nickels galore to turn in for an entry form for the drawings (just remember it takes ten wooden nickels to get an entry for the drawing).
2019 is The Year of the Moose!
The medallion and commemorative wooden nickels will be etched with the likeness of our furry wilderness neighbors. Why not collect eleven wooden nickels, keep one for your collection and turn in the other ten for an entry into the drawing?
Important Notes For The Medallion Hunt
- The medallion is hidden on Ely city property that is accessible to the public — it is not hidden at a private residence. The medallion will not be located on any property associated with the K-12 school grounds.
- No disassembly or digging of any kind will be required to find the medallion.
- To claim the $250 Chamber Bucks prize, the hunter must contact the Ely Chamber of Commerce at 218-365-6123 during regular business hours (M-F, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm). The Chamber must be contacted no later than noon on Monday, February 18, 2019 to make arrangements to pick up the prize. Of course the hunter can keep the medallion, but it must be shown at the time the prize is picked up.
- Winners must be 18 years of age to claim the prize, but younger hunters may help search for the medallion if accompanied by an adult.
- The sponsors of the Ely Northwoods Medallion Hunt assume no responsibility for accidents or injuries sustained by participants.
- No purchase necessary in order to win the medallion prize or to be entered into the Wooden Nickel drawing.
- Wooden nickels must be redeemed by 5 pm on Monday, February 18, 2019 to be entered in the Chamber Bucks drawing.
- The Ely Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to discontinue the Ely Northwoods Medallion Hunt at any time.
Medallion Hunt Clues
2019 Clue #7
2019 Clue #6
2019 Clue #5