Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness User Fees
User fees are required for all overnight visitors to the BWCAW between May 1 and September 30.
User Fees Per Person Per Trip
- Adult - $16.00
- Child/Youth 0-17 - $8.00
- Interagency Senior/Access Pass Holders - $8.00
- Interagency Youth Access Pass Holders - $4.00
BWCAW Seasonal Fee Card
The purchase of a BWCAW Seasonal Fee Card fulfills the user fee requirements for the season, but does not eliminate the need for obtaining a BWCAW permit. For reserved permits, it does not eliminate the need to pay the $6.00 reservation fee and user fee deposit. Seasonal Fee Cards may be purchased in person after May 1 from any Forest Service office.
Seasonal Fee Card Costs Per Person
- Adult - $64.00
- Child/Youth 0-17 - $32.00
- Interagency Senior/Access Pass Holders - $32.00
- Interagency Youth Access Pass Holders - $16.00